Monday, November 2, 2009
Husker Roadtrip
We spent Halloween on the road and headed for Waco...for the big Baylor vs. Nebraska football game. We headed out just as the sun was rising...
Then I convinced Jeremy to stop in Round Rock for donuts...yes, I'm a sucker. Round Rock Donuts was recently featured on the Food Channel and I had to see what all the fuss was about. This was me trying to get Jeremy to pose at the front of the store, but as you can see he was not going to partake in this photo adventure. I think he just needed the restroom! But don't worry...I'm posing for the photo.
We finally made it to Waco and my parents came in from Dallas...and even wore red to support Jer's team.
Here we are in the visitors section...it was amazing how many fans were there for Nebraska. I think we outnumbered the home team's spectators!

And then the game began...Nebraska's defense scored a touchdown after just one minute and thirty seconds from a blocked punt....it was right in front of us!
We were right in front of the kicker....man that kid must have kicked the ball 100 times while he was waiting to be called into action.
Here's one of Nebraska's best..#93, Ndamukong Suh, but everyone just calls him "Suh" pronounced... "Sue." And it sounds like the whole crowd is booing every time he makes a great play.
The good news is that Nebraska won 20-10, so it was a victory! The bad news is that I didn't put sunscreen on my face and now have a really cool sunburn on the left side of my face only...not the right! We went to a local park afterward and relaxed by the Brazos river. This kind of weather is when I love Texas! Thanks to Mom and Dad for coming down to cheer on the Huskers and share some corny dogs! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Though Nebraska fans are well-traveled--no doubt--I'd be surprised if Baylor's fans aren't outnumbered at a majority of their Big 12 games. Sad for them.
Post a Comment