Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Dallas

Jer and I arrived in Dallas around midnight on the 23rd. The good news, we didn't hit too much traffic on the way up...the bad news...it was crazy foggy on the drive up.

We had about 1/2 a day to run around on the 24th to get some last minute Christmas gifts and then we headed over to Jesuit for the Christmas Eve Mass. Here, Mom and I are stylin' and ready to go...
And it was just about this time that we saw what the boys were wearing...all THREE of them were in Argyle sweaters...almost to the point that it looked like we had coordinated it. Jeremy was not too happy to wear Argyle in the first place...so I don't think he was too impressed to be one of the 3 Musketeers for Christmas either! =)
But, I have to admit, it did make a pretty nice looking Christmas photo!
Once we got back from church it was time for a nice little meal. We were having Thanksgiving dinner at Christmas....and Jeremy was in charge of the ambiance...
Then we opened the traditional one Christmas eve gift for each person. Ryan and I have an ornament tradition...and each year we buy a "family" ornament to commemorate the year. Yes folks, we are those people who buy the ornaments from those carts in the mall with the clay characters....someone has to! =)
Then the last-minute wrapping commenced. The whole family is wrapping presents in the same room, but we put up barriers so you can't see what everyone else is wrapping. Jeremy was helping me come up with good clues to write on the gifts... I think he helped on one... and then he just stole my hat and laid down to watch! =)
Then we woke on Christmas morning and the unwrapping began... we didn't finish until 3:00pm! Here's Dad with a framed article from his football days!
And then, the best gift ever... and believe me this will take an entire blog entry to explain at some time... but I gave Jeremy a "Troll on a Roll!" More on this later!
And finally...after all of that hard work we needed to relax... a hot tub was in order!
We took a great walk over at White Rock Lake on Sunday!
And I tried to do push-ups on the kitchen counter...you know, all those normal holiday activities!
Finally it ended with a new family board game... Jenga. Jer found this new version because I think he was going to go crazy if we made him play the same old one again! The family turned out to be smarter than the game - and I think we defeated the maximum number of hanging blocks by the second game!
All in all! It was a great time in Dallas - and we're looking forward to New Years... 2010 here we come!

3 comments:

The Kemps said...

What beautiful photos!

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

The argyle cracks me up. Your hair looks so pretty and I love the red scarf.

The Blevins' said...

You look beautiful!! Your family seems like so much fun. I want to know how many people you ask to take pics of your family when yall are out and about...because everyone is always in them, so you know someone else has to be taking them. Very cute.