Thursday, March 25, 2010

End of an Era

Well, today was a BIG day, Jeremy's going away party at Rackspace. Hard to believe he has been there for over 6 years! Tomorrow, Friday, will be his last day... and then as of Monday morning, bright and early, he will be mine!

For those of you that don't know... Jeremy is coming on full time to The Texan Biographer! We are finally taking that big leap, and going to make the company grow even faster and better... with both of us behind the wheel! A long time dream in the making will finally be coming true soon!

Today was such a nice day at Rackspace. They really have been a great group for Jer to work with, and yes, I will be the proud wife and report the details, but they had so many nice things to say about him and how he's been a great part of the team!

Yes, I was officially tearing up... but just so proud of all the hard work he has put in there, and the middle of the night emergency conference calls, the paintball outings, learning to fire and hire, and manage 50 different personalities on his team. He was a trooper! So here are some of the pics from the day...

Here is the floor he works on...
One last shot of Jer at his desk!
And then the stories and speeches began...
Todd, Lew, and Jonathan (below) told some great stories!
One, of course, was about Jer's love of spreadsheets. Oh yes, when we were dating he kept a very good accounting of our meal expenses... and I did submit receipts at the end of the month to see where we stood. Jonathan was inspired by that story to have an entire cake make to celebrate his Excel passion... You can't miss the, "We will miss you Squirt Muffin" message... I'll have to tell that story some other time! But that is the best spreadsheet cake I've ever seen... look at the detail on that toolbar at the top!
And then they gave him this great vintage wine, from 2004, the year he started at Rack. You can see that he was given the title "Wicked Overseer" from his employees - if you only saw Jer in action would you see just how "wicked" he really is... okay, so "Quiet but Nice Overseer" just didn't have the same ring!

So yes, the end of an era at Rackspace. I can still remember when his team totalled just 8 people, and today it has grown to over 200! And I think that Jer hired over 50 of them... it has been fun to see what he could do at Rackspace and now I can't wait to see what we'll do as a team together. More updates to come on transitioning into work life together. I can promised lots of good stories there!

4 comments:

Noelle MacGregor said...

Congrats to both of you! What fun!

Mike said...

Sorry about the Squirt Muffin, Jeremy, but . . . that . . . cake . . . was . . . AWESOME!

The Blevins' said...

That's so exciting! The Texan Biographer is big time now...staff and everything. Congrats. The spreadsheet cake was hilarious.

The Performance Detective said...

Sounds like a big "Space of Rack" will be missing from here on out!
Congrats on all of the crazy work and moving on to the next mountain!