I got off the plane on Wednesday evening and headed for the rental car counter to pick up my "compact" car. The funny part was that the desk guy at Alamo made a big deal asking me if I still wanted my compact car that I'd reserved. Heck yea, I wanted my $16/day special! I walked out to find this waiting for me:

Not exactly compact... and not very cool looking either, but I grabbed my lipstick red Cheve and hit the road!
Wednesday night I started with interviewing Nicole's dad about his life history. We captured some great stories and then I headed back to what would be my "home" for the rest of the week. Nicholas, one of Nicole's friends let me take over his 19th floor condo, overlooking the San Diego bay, in the Little Italy part of town. I was in HEAVEN! =) Here was my breathtaking view every morning:
I woke up super early on Thursday and walked the bay, checked out the boats, and even discovered a little Italian bar on the corner that quickly became my favorite find.
The best part was ordering my latte in italian and being called "bambino" by the bar owner! =) Don't tell Jeremy! I was instantly transported to my life back in Italy...even though it was almost 5 years ago! I got a chance to practice my italian and headed back to the condo with a nutella filled croissant in hand...all in all it is only 8:00am and I feel like I've accomplished a lot.
Nicole's family hosted a wonderful event with their friends and family on Thursday night and I presented my biographies. I left them all with four memory-saving activities that they HAVE to complete this holiday season with their loved ones. It was a great night and fun to spread the word about what I do!
Today I had to say goodbye to Nicole, her family, and my new Italian boyfriend/tutor at his coffee shop on the corner! =) We hit up the Italian market, had an AMAZING lunch at Buon Appetito (a must visit if you love fresh handmade ravioli).
Nicole and I checking out the market in Little Italy.It was a wonderful trip and I almost was tempted to "miss" my flight home! I'm off to Austin and Dallas this week for the two big gift shows, Austin's Christmas Affair and the Dallas Chi Omega Christmas Market. Should be a crazy week! Come see me if you can!

1 comment:
Awwww!!! It sounds wonderful- I am so happy you had such a lovely time- you certainly had the best of accommodations!
Post a Comment