Jer's office Christmas party is tomorrow, so I whipped up an easy dessert... balls! Chocolate covered oreo balls to be exact!
Actually, I received this recipe from Molly's bachelorette party. Her cousin brought these tasty treats, and they were the rave of the night, and not just because they fit with the theme so well! Everyone kept sneaking into the kitchen freezer to grab one...and Jeremy has already snagged 4 of them tonight!
Soooo, if you want to be super popular at those holiday Christmas parties this season, bring some of these along!
OREO BALLS
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 package white almond bark/ white chocolate morsels/white bark coating
1 package chocolate almond bark (optional)
Using a blender, crush the oreos (including the filling); then blend Oreos and cream cheese together (by hand or using a mixer). Roll into walnut size balls. Chill for an hour.
Melt approximately 3/4 package of white almond bark. Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark. Allow to harden on wax paper. Takes about 15 min.
Keep them in the freezer and grab one out when needed!
Optional: While waiting, melt about 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark. When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate almond bark. Keep refrigerated until served. Makes 25 to 30 balls.
9 comments:
I have come to determine that you have a ridiculously nice camera. So nice, in fact, that it makes every food item you create look like it's gourmet. I bet you could make a totino's pizza look amazing with that thing. Stealing recipe for Christmas party. Will report.
Thanks Lauren - it is a great camera. A Nikon D60, and I just got it in July! =) Good luck with the oreo balls!!
I want to try these next week too. The photo certainly helps and I'm impressed with your domesticity. I think my husband will be surprised when I don my apron and whip these oreo balls up!
WOW! I will be trying these soon! On an unrelated note, my word verification for this comment is viagra and I'm amused by this to no end.
That cracks me up too! =) I've gotten some weird verification words recently too! Who gets the job to come up with verification words anyways?
What is almond bark? I couldn't find it. I got white chocolate peppermint bark instead. It was the only available option with the word "bark."
We had these at my office potluck today! They are AMAZING! Such a strange coincidence. I highly recommend these - and your camera DOES make them look good. :)
I just ended up using white chocolate chips instead... I couldn't find bark either! =) I melted down the white chocolate chips for the outside and then drizzled with the regular chocolate chips, and it seemed to work well - good luck!!
We had a cookie exchange at my office and someone made these and they are SO delicous! They did them in both milk and white chocolate, very yummy!
Post a Comment