Last week I had a couple Junior League meetings to attend. For those of you who do not know, I am a member here in SA!The meeting last Wednesday was a long one, and I was on a tight deadline for a project, so I had to jump out early. As I was leaving I overheard one of my newest league friends (who shall remain nameless....Taryn Little!!)....say, "Be sure you wear your workout clothes to the big meeting on Saturday!"
I thought, "Wow, whenever I go to meetings everyone is dressed to the nine's! I wonder what we must be doing on Saturday, that we get to wear workout clothes?! Junior League yoga? You never know!"
So Saturday rolls around. I got up at 6:15am and actually ran 4 miles to get ready for this big Muddy Buddy race I have on Sunday. I come home, shower, and throw on more workout clothes...and head to the big meeting.
My hair is slicked back, wet from the shower. By the time I get downtown (and have attempted to make my hair air dry while driving at 60mph - it now kind of resembles the before picture for a frizzy hair ad!)

I have on hot pink running shorts, some random gray t-shirt from senior year in college, and my tennis shoes. I am ready to go, but still in the back of my mind can't believe that we are so casual for this big kick-off meeting!
As I pull up I see not one, but two, nicely dressed ladies walking in....neither of them are in workout clothes. I peer through the windows of the meeting place and cannot even spot one pair of tennis shoes...instead see every variety of high heel in elegant leopard and bright pink patterns.

I knew it was too good to be true....where is this Taryn Little!!!! I walk in to find that everyone looks beautiful, makeup, cute jeans, high heels, and matching purses! Whooops! Guess I am a little under dressed!
Luckily, I could grab a seat in the back...and the workout clothes were super comfortable for our first activity with the Drum Cafe (an awesome team building activity for any big group, in case you need one). Plus it proved that I have rhythm...always a good thing!

Needless to say I guess I learned my early-meeting-leaving-lesson...and Taryn will have to work really hard to be my friend from now on! =)
2 comments:
Hilarious story and I feel a little bad, but I suppose we have learned a lesson here... Don't leave meetings early OR don't listen to Taryn about meeting attire. :)
Don't worry Taryn =) I might still be your friend. I can be bought off with chocolate or ice cream! =)
Post a Comment