Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Take your husband to work day

Bet you've never heard of this holiday before, "Take your husband to work day!" I am here to tell you it exists and is on Saturday, August 15th.

Last weekend we took a great trip to Atlanta for one of my very special biography projects. This is the first time that I have been able to bring Jeremy along, since the job was going to be done in a weekend.

We added a new element to our services at Texan Biographer, and now save a loved one's story on video. Yes, they get to be a movie star for a day...and it's fun to capture their voice, laugh, smile, and personality too!

We hired this amazing video crew in Atlanta. They shoot for 60-minutes, the Today Show, NBC Nightly News, etc..... So they had top of the line HD equipment, playback monitors, the best lighting, etc. I had the chance to pretend I was Barbara Walters for the day...."and action!"

Here I am setting up for the first interview!

Skip, one of the shooters, is checking out the scene behind me, while I'm going over the questions for the grandpa!

Now the Grandpa is in the hot seat...and I guess I did pull a "Barbara Walters," since there were a few visible tears on some of the tough subjects. That's when I know I'm doing my job...capturing that emotion on film!

Jeremy was our official "behind the scenes photographer for the day." Though I did look over to him at one point and see him sleeping in the chair during one of the interviews...not sure if that is a good sign!

And the final interview together...fun to get both of them on tape at the same time and find out who really made the first move!

All in all it was a fun weekend (blog entry about Atlanta activities to come). Can't wait to get to the editing suite to pull it all together. This will be the first project we've completed with both the biography and video....so it will be fun to show off!!

In a sappy way, I finished this weekend on a big high. I just kept thinking that because we took this weekend's amount of time to film this great couple, their kids and grandkids will always have a piece of them to enjoy. Pretty cool feeling!

1 comment:

Meve & Co. said...

cool post...love the idea about the stickers on the soccer ball!